5 days until we leave for the summer. 5 days!
(Gulp) This means, of course that we are in a mad race to the finish as we prepare to leave. So much to do, so little time left. Come next Tuesday, we will fly to Minneapolis, and then Wednesday rendezvous with the rest of the Reign Ministry staffers and head to training camp in Wisconsin. We will spend a month at training camp, and then on July 1st, once again board a plane and head to Israel with our team. Speaking of our team, we have 22 young people (ages 15-21) who will be joining us at training camp from all over the country on June 8th. Because we are leading the Nehemiah (alumni) team this summer, we will have 2 more weeks of training with our students than the other teams. This gives us more time learn and grow together before we head overseas to spread the love of Christ.
You are very important to us, your support means the world to us as we take on the challenge of picking up and leaving each summer. To know that you are thinking and praying for us is very important to us and gives us strength. Below are some suggestions we how you can help us and stay up to date with us this summer:
HOW TO HELP US:
1) Pray For Us–Although it can sound cliche, it is very important and meaningful to us.
2) Points of Contact— Sometimes, believe it or not, we can get a bit lonely at training camp and miss home. We love, I repeat love to get mail, emails and texts while at training camp. It is like an instant shot to the arm for us! Here is the link to send us an email (we call them Hilltop Express messages). http://reignministries.org/?s=HAYFIELD+EXPRESS Mailing Address: Carr Family, C/O ROyal Servants Training Camp, W4797 St Rd 33, Pardeeville, WI 53954
3) Financial Support— We have amazing financial support from our team that we have always been so grateful for. However, getting ready to leave each year always puts a strain on us financially as their are always many expenses and purchases we have to make in our transition (supplemental snacks and vitamins for girls and prego mama, camping gear, etc). If you would like to donate and help us out, here is the link to our donation page with the ministry. https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift/gift.php Once there, you can find our name in the drop down menu.
HOW TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH US:
1) Check this blog. I will be regurlarly updating this blog with pics and video.
2) Check the website–Each team from Royal Servants posts updates twice a week throughout the summer. You can also sign up to recieve these updates via email. When this is availible, I will send out an email with a linke
3) Follow me on Twitter: I know, I know, I have gone to the darkside. I love me some twitter. Throughout the summer and each I will be tweeting updates and pictues of all that is going on with us and our team. If you have a twitter account, you can follow me at @carrtc If you do not have a twitter account, I highly recommend downloading the app to your phone as it can be a great tool (and it is free of course) for communication for us throughout the summer.